Your Safety is Our #1 Priority
Red Hat Amphitheater is proud to have expanded its already-stringent cleaning procedures in the wake of COVID-19. Without exception, our team is dedicated to go above and beyond to ensure the safety and health of our visitors and staff.
In addition to the protocols and procedures below, our staff are actively monitoring and engaged in the industry's best practices for attendee health. We have implemented the cleaning guidelines recommended by the CDC and State and local health agencies.
We invite you to explore the ways we are keeping the venue safe for you and our community.
OUR CLEANING PROTOCOLS
Although most of the cleaning in the amphitheater happens behind the scenes, our dedication to health and safety is always front and center.
- Daily employee wellness screening upon arrival.
- Filtered cloth masks are provided to every staff member.
- Disposable face masks are available for all staff members at all times.
- Staff have been directed to wear face masks at work in public areas or in spaces where 6' social distancing is not possible.
- Cleaning staff will be issued fresh gloves to avoid cross contamination of surfaces.
- Completion of the Count on Me NC COVID-19 statewide business pledge and training courses.
- Cleaning protocols to avoid and prevent cross contamination of surfaces.
- More rigorous and continual cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces, such as door handles, handrails, push plates, point-of-sale terminals, keypads, tables, chairs, and trash receptacles.
- Increased and updated staff training on the thorough cleaning of restrooms, including partitions, mirrors, fixtures, countertops, toilets, urinals, paper product and soap dispensers, floors, door handles, knobs, baby changing stations, sanitary product containers, and handrails.
- Increased signage throughout the venue to remind visitors and staff to wash hands and practice social distancing.
- Floor decals to enforce social distancing for those waiting in line.
- Limiting restroom sink use to 50% usage to accommodate social distancing.
FOOD SAFETY AND PREPARATION
Centerplate, our in-house caterer, leads the way in food safety and thoughtful food preparation. While there is no evidence that COVID-19 or other respiratory viruses can spread through food, Centerplate has taken the following steps.
- Increased training for all team members
- Completion of the Count on Me NC COVID-19 statewide business pledge and training courses
- New, targeted cleaning solutions, including CDC-recommended level products
- Increased number of sanitizing stations
- Daily employee wellness screening upon arrival
- Increased cleaning schedule
- Three-ply surgical masks and gloves for all staff
- Individually packed meals
- Modified buffet services
- Specialized packaging
- Adapted menus
Reduced Contact with Shared Surfaces
- Touchless payment options
- Point-of-sale barriers
- Wrapped silverware
- Single-use condiments
If you have concerns related to food safety at the Raleigh Convention Center, please contact the Centerplate Health Ambassador at 919-996-8675.
GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation
The Raleigh Convention Center, Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts, and Red Hat Amphitheater are in the process of becoming GBAC STAR™ accredited.
GBAC STAR™ is the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation for facilities.
This accreditation means that a facility has:
- Established and maintained a cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program to minimize risks associated with infectious agents like the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).
- The proper cleaning protocols, disinfection techniques, and work practices in place to combat biohazards and infectious disease.
- Highly skilled cleaning professionals who are trained for outbreak and infectious disease preparation and response.